Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

livadi geranou beach, patmos, greece (the light / the shade)


livadi geranou beach, patmos, greece (the light / the shade)
oil on linen on panel, 2017, 5"x6"

In the distance (on the right) is Chora, the capital of Patmos. My earlier painting chora reflected in farm door, noon (the light / the shade) shows another distant view of Chora. The land mass across from the beach where I was painting is the islet Agios Giorgios (St. George) named after the small white church there (look to the left). After I painted this under the shade of a Tamarisk tree, I swam across to the beach below the white church.

the light / the shade exhibition at Arcadia
If you enjoy this painting, you may like to read more about abbey ryan: the light / the shade, my exhibition in the Harrison Gallery at Arcadia University on view from April 16 - June 16. You can also see other paintings from my the light / the shade series.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.
To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Thanks in advance,