Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

greek bottle, hand-picked grapes and grape leaf (the light / the shade) (+ new seminar at Academy of Realist Art, Boston)


greek bottle, hand-picked grapes and grape leaf (the light / the shade)
oil on linen on panel, 2017, 8"x10"
AVAILABLE - Contact me at abbeyryan@gmail.com for purchase information

It's a great honor to announce that my 3-day August 18-20 painting seminar at the Academy of Realist Art in Boston just opened for registration. Space is limited to 12. Register today to reserve your spot. I was invited to be a visiting artist at the Academy of Realist Art, Boston, which is a renowned art school that teaches traditional art techniques in drawing and painting, using a curriculum that is modeled after 19th century French old masters' academies. It is located in the historic Leather District of Boston, one block from South Station. Read more here.

If you're interested, these are some reviews of my past seminars, these photos give a glimpse into them, and this short film is about my approach to teaching.

I've posted about it this week a few times, and will share more in the coming days: if you enjoy this painting, you may also like to read more about my upcoming the light / the shade exhibition at Arcadia University, or see other paintings from my the light / the shade series.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.
To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Thanks in advance,